Thursday, May 5, 2011

Welcome, New Missionaries

In harmony with the inspired pattern described in the fifth Article of Faith, seven new missionaries have been called by a prophet of God and set apart to represent the Lord Jesus Christ and His church in the West Indies Mission. On Tuesday, May 3, after a full day of orientation to the mission, they enjoyed dinner with President and Sister Gamiette before traveling on to their area of service. At the left of President Gamiette are Elders Roger Daniel Gines (Kaysville, UT); Adam Walter Watchman (Salt Lake City, UT); Mitchell Todd Larsen (Salt Lake City, UT); Jeremy Fernandes (Brussels, Belgium); Daniel Thomas Hansen (Sandy, UT); Benjamin Harvey (Post Falls, ID) and Sister Delphine Gamiette. Elders Larsen, Watchman and Hansen will serve on the French side of the mission, while Elders Gines, Watchman and Harvey are assigned to the English-speaking areas of the Caribbean, bringing the total number of missionaries "worthy to represent the Lord as a minister of the restored gospel and an official representative of the Church" in the West Indies Mission to 117.

4 comments:

Paige said...

I am Elder Gines' sister and we are so excited to follow the blog and hear about all of the amazing things going on in the West Indies Mission. :) Glad to know they made it safe!!

Penny said...

This is the first picture I have seen since my son, Benjamin Harvey left for the MTC. I was so excited to see it. I'm grateful for this site! I was also grateful to get to talk to him while he was on layover in Florida. I'm also glad that they made it safe.

Incidentally, though, we live in Post Falls, Idaho, not Round Mountain, California. His father lives in California, but Ben has never lived there with him.
Penny Maxfield

Unknown said...

This is the family of Elder Adam Watchman. We are so excited that he arrived safe to his mission. We are so happy that he is serving the people and sharing his testimony of the gospel that has brought so much love and happiness in our lives. We know that he will be a wonderful missionary and will serve his Heavenly Father with energy. We look forward to hearing from him. His other five brother are very proud of him and he certainly has set the example of one who has willingly accepted to serve a full-time mission.

Penny said...

I'd be interested to know where each of these missionaries are serving. Benjamin Harvey is in Guyana. He is liking there and is finally beginning to understand what they are saying. It may be English, but it certainly isn't the language he grew up with.

I, too, am grateful to have a son ready and willing to accept this mission call. He is such a tender, gentle person. I'm sure he will both teach and learn much.
Penny