18-year-old Brother Jacobus, who was introduced to the gospel by a young woman with whom he goes to school, has expressed a desire to serve a mission when he is eligible to do so.
When asked how the miracle of today’s baptism of all the eligible members of her family had come about, Sister Kassim – who was herself baptized just 6 weeks ago - simply said, “we started praying together night and morning and reading the scriptures as a family. Soon the children began asking, ‘why can’t we be baptized, Mommy?’”
The names, faces and circumstances may be different but this same scenario is being repeated weekly in the West Indies Mission in fulfillment of prophesy by Elder M. Russell Ballard who petitioned the Lord in his dedicatory prayer on February 23, 1990, for a future day in Guyana when “wards and stakes [will] dot the face of this land [where] Thy honest-in-heart children, those who love Thee and are seeking for the truth, may . . . flock by the hundreds, yea, even thousands to receive their saving ordinances in preparation to receiving all the blessings of the House of the Lord, even a temple.”
3 comments:
I attended the baptism yesterday and to see the joy and happiness on the faces of each of these special spirits it is a sight and a feeling I will never forget. The still small voice spoke to each of us and at that moment it said, "Well done thou good and faithful children of mine. I love thee, now endure to the end so we can be together again when I come".
I am so happy to see this website. I have had a very gloomy day today because my son left for the MTC to begin his mission to the West Indies. Seeing this website, the beautiful scenery, the happy Elders and Sisters serving there, the humble, happy people that are being baptized has brought me peace and happiness. Now I can't wait for my son to get there! He will be in the MTC learning Dutch for a couple of months and then hopefully I will see HIS face on this blog!! Thanks for your hard work keeping it updated! It is a blessing to me!
This site has been a comfort to me, too, as I adjust to my son being so far away. He is serving in Guyana, so it is good to see something happening there. I will never get long stories via email from him as he is a man of few words. Yet I know from what he does say that he is learning and growing from what he does say. I know he wouldn't learn these things elsewhere. The Lord knows his missionaries so well. It is suchan amazing thing.
Post a Comment