The West Indies Mission is the third foray into the Lord’s service for Elder Paul and Sister Kristene Lindorf of Prospect, OR (near Crater Lake) who have previously served together in Thailand and Slovenia. “We have a goal to serve 18 months on – then 18 months off,” states the senior missionary who hopes he will be able to regain some of his French language skill learned when he served a mission in France as a young man 40 years ago. “I’m hoping it will come back to me as we are immersed. I guess we'll see.”With a BS degree in Marketing and Accounting from BYU, Elder Lindorf was employed in the Marketing Division of Shell Oil Co. in several states for 16 years in Marketing and later as the CFO of Western Wats Center in Provo, UT for 10 years. He retired at age 50 to care for his aged parents with plans to serve missions after their demise.
Calling himself “a jack of all trades, master of none,” Elder Lindorf likes computers (especially Macs) and has written an e-book.
Sister Lindorf, who loves music, plays the piano, organ, guitar and enjoys conducting, hopes to give lessons here in the WIM, if the opportunity arises. A fulltime wife and mother to the couple’s six children, became a “computer devotee” in self-defense in her family of computer geeks. As such she maintains regular communication with their large family – including 17 grandchildren – through blogging and newsletters. She also enjoys healthy cooking and sharing her testimony of the Gospel through updates on their mission activities to hundreds of family members and friends.
“Mostly, I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ,” says the incoming sister missionary. “My love for the children of our Heavenly Father increases each year I am in their service. I can't imagine a more delightful retirement! I'm humbly thankful for this small way of showing my gratitude to God.”
Welcome to the WIM, Elder and Sister Lindorf.
No comments:
Post a Comment