Friday, September 16, 2011

A Caribbean Missionary




Elder Robert Bush, one of nearly 40 testimony-strong senior missionaries currently serving in the West Indies Mission, penned this beautiful poem in honor of those of all ages who serve with him in the islands of the Caribbean . . .






A Caribbean Missionary
by Elder Robert Bush

To this isle of rocky shores and ecru sand,
In humble youthfulness I stand
To proclaim to all His holy name,
To work and serve is why I came.

With a commission and a testimony in my soul
To do my best to pass the test and reach the goal.
With all my might the sickle I thrust
With faith in Him I put my trust

I search and talk and teach the few
Who listen to the gospel restored anew
To bring the elect unto the Lord,
The Christ and receive His holy word.

I am a missionary sent here to reap,
To call the lost, to gather His sheep
I work and play and fast and pray
I’ll endure to the end, to my final day

And when it’s over I’ll shout for joy
Not ‘cause it’s done for this young boy,
But because I gave the work my all,
So I can look in the mirror standing tall.

No comments: